Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bridging The Blues Day 1

It was a rare treat at the Esplanade Waterfront the weekend - a blue showcase that spanned over three days featuring many of our esteemed local blue bands. I caught up with some of the bands, took some photos as well as videos of them, having gained their permission to do so of course. Mean Jeanne and the Blues Machine got the event off to a fine start. Like a well-oiled machine (pun not intended), the band dished out the blues (with a setlist somewhat different from the ones I've heard over at Crazy Elephant). I believe there was not one in the audience that was not bowled over by Jeanne's searing vocals.

Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me on that day and was also unable to do an interview with them due to circumstances. But I'm going to make good on my word that I owe you guys a proper interview with Jeanne French herself and the rest of the band. Do make do with the videos for now yeah?





No comments:

Post a Comment